Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Veritas Worldview Institute Introduces: WORLDVIEW CONVERSATIONS - Season 2
Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 7:00 PM - Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM (CDT)
The Veritas Institute of Oklahoma Wesleyan University is pleased to present the 2nd season of Worldview Conversations with Dr. Everett Piper and Dr. Rod MacIlvaine.They will be presenting an aspect of the Christian worldview, sometimes from the Bible and sometimes from the vantage point of history and philosophy.
- Over the course of the 4-weeks we will be dealing with questions like:
- Should we even bother to express our faith in today's multi-cultural & pluralistic world?
- Is the Bible a relevant guide to life in an age of science and pluralism?
- How can a good God allow evil and terrible suffering?
- Should people of faith be involved in shaping public policy?
- Overall, has the influence of the church been mostly good or mostly bad as the new atheists claim?
When presenting this to the community we are quick to say, "Our aim is to model a debate that is perhaps most fully enjoyed within the context of God's revealed wisdom and objective truths."
Worldview Conversations begin on Wednesday September 8, 7:00-8:15 p.m.,and will be held in the Upper Drake Library on the OKWU Campus.
There will be an open floor discussion following each presentation.
Register Now! Registration is not required; this is merely so that we might have an idea of how many to expect. There is no fee and attendees are welcome to bring guests.
For more information: contact the President's office at Oklahoma Wesleyan Univeristy 918-335-6234 or email at email@example.com
When & Where
Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Unapologetic in our commitment to the truth of Christ and the truth of Scripture, OKWU models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. This is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom.